Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Start of Guestbook Quilt

I'm getting married in about two years from today and I decided that I wanted a guestbook quilt pretty much right off the bat. I'm an avid quilter for about 5 years now so I loved the idea of making something that I already love to make that we'll have forever. I knew I wanted to do something I could use a lot of my scraps for because 1) I use up my scraps and 2) there are little pieces of all the quilts I've made for others in this quilt. I found a pattern for what's called a "Double Wedding Ring Quilt" and figured this is the perfect option. I had seen the pattern in the past and didn't care for it because I tend to like more modern designs, however I saw this picture:
on pinterest and I was drawn in by the bright colors and figured I could mimic it with my own bright colors as well as same batiks. I found a free pattern here. I decided to start on the quilt now because well if you take a look at the pattern there are 1500+ little pieces I need to cut out. Needless to say it's gonna take some time just to cut out all the needed pieces. Here's my progress so far:
only about 1400 pieces to go! Woot!
Anyway, there will be updates as I go as I'm sure I'll have many trials and tribulations with this pattern seeing as I've never done anything of the type before. I'm hoping I'll love it as much as I think and that my guests will love it too and be able to find pieces of their quilts in it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment