Saturday, June 1, 2013

Ombre Quilt in progress

I'm in the process of working on a quilt for a coworker of mine who's having a little girl this September. Her colors for the nursery are pink and grey. I had seen this quilt on pinterest and had been wanting to do this pattern for a while.
Here's the link for the pattern and tutorial: Ombre Quilt
I chose to switch out the black for grey and did more pinky pinks rather than corals. Here's the progress thus far: 

I also had the idea to put the baby's initial on one of the triangles. I have an amazing embroidery machine (Pfaff Creative Vision if anyone is wondering) so I decided to add a "G" to the quilt. They're thinking the baby's name is going to be Giana and if it's not it can be g for girl or their last name also ends in g. So girly girl baby G gets a personalized quilt. 


The final product to come, but I'm always excited to show my progress on my quilts. This pattern was super easy and a really fast quilt too so I would highly recommend it to any beginners who are looking for a unique easy quilt to start with. Thank you to the See Kate Sew blog for the pattern. I will definitely be using this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment